Monday 29 July 2013

Army development snapshots

I've been taking pictures of my Chaos Army every couple of weeks. Flipping through these now, I can see that I am way to willing to add models to my army. Let me say up front that the silver sheets are just sheet metal, roughly 10" by 20". I magnetize the bases for easy transport without fiddling with foam.

This is a snapshot from end of April, showing the army which at the time didn't have any plan to speak of. I had picked it up on eBay, scrubbed, repaired and painted it, but had no clue what units might actually be needed for play. Out of pure fancy, I had added another daemon prince to the two that came with it, a forge fiend and a soul grinder. I had also mixed some daemon prince parts into a broken loyalist cybot. 


End of May, a lot had changed. I had picked up a bunch of vehicles, some predators, a vindicator and a rhino of eBay and built a heldrake, two land raiders and another predator. Another bunch of possessed was added, old metal robot style obliterators showed up. A squad of raptors added. A nurgle daemon prince and some plague marines added. Some more regular chaos space marines, berzerkers and terminators came with the stuff I wanted. I diligently scrubbed, repaired and based them. I also tried to pick up a bunch of bikers, adding eight to the lone rider I had before. I built three helbrutes to keep the refurbished one company. I had also chopped up and modded a load of cultists, but those are not shown here.


 End of June, a plastic Khorne Lord on Moloch with a bunch of chaos spawns and a Nurgle General on Trike joined my army. I had also chopped the defiler up and converted him to the upright version. Another squad of plague marines was added and a couple more old style obliterators were added, bringing the count up to nine.


 End of July, I've added 40 zombies, the cultist mob is in the picture for the first time. Another raptor squad joined up. Seven seven man plague marine squads with reinforcements showed up. All metal minis, some with the same mold as the current products, some with the ancient spiky helmet style. A greater brass scorpion and a skull lord of khorne are assembled, but not quite finished yet.


All in all, I think I'm making good progress in building a nice battleforce. I'll try to finish more units off completely now so I can close those nagging thoughts about incomplete paint jobs and missing base decoration off for good. And yeah, I'm well over 10k points now. ;-]

No comments:

Post a Comment